A blog for cooking and crafts

Thursday 9 October 2014

Throwback Thursday - White Easter

For this week's Throwback Thursday, I thought I would share with you the only layout I have ever submitted to a magazine, back in 2008.  The challenge theme was "collage", which I interpreted to mean multiple layers, different textures and the odd embellishment here and there.



I didn't win :-)  Not that I really expected to, but I was quite annoyed to see that some of the winning entries couldn't really be called 'collage' at all - that seemed a bit unfair on all of us who had done what was asked.  I have to say it put me off submitting anything else!

But I do still love the layout in my beloved aqua and white colourway.   I seem to remember that the papers were Provocraft and Basic Grey, with silver mesh (attached with brads), ribbon and resin snowflakes.  The large snowflake was stamped and embossed in white on vellum.  The title was robo-cut and the edging strips around the photo were done with a border punch.  I am actually amazed that I can recall such detail from 2008 LOL.

If I were to do it again today, I don't think I would have such a harsh straight line between the Basic Grey snowflake paper and the rest of the page and maybe I wouldn't have split the background exactly in half like that.  Apart from that, it's not too bad :-)

2 comments: