A blog for cooking and crafts

Tuesday 28 October 2014

Birthday card - Butterflies

First, the good news - my Stampin' Up parcel has arrived and the contents are spread all over the dining room table!  Ten stamp sets, seven punches, two embossing folders and one die set - wow!  I have tested the punches and christened one of the stamps, so far :-)

Now for today's card.  I bought this Authentique paper pad because it looked really nice online, but I was really disappointed when it arrived, I didn't like it at all.  So I am trying to use it up on card-making! 


I embossed a plain sheet with a dotty embossing folder and cut a square to place an image on.  The Memory Box dies are recent purchases, Crafts U Love had the background die on their weekly special a while ago, then a couple of weeks ago the outline came on special too!  I cut the butterfly background from a spotty paper to echo the embossing and then the outline with a plain colour, using Stick It for the outline and this worked brilliantly.  The, ahem, unusual corners are due to the fact that I picked up a corner rounder rather than the intended inverted corner punch..... having made the mistake on the first corner, I went all the way round and then tried out the inverter on the rounded corner to see what happened.  It's not bad, but I don't plan to do it again LOL.

I am really pleased with this card even though I still don't like the paper!!   These butterfly dies are going to be very useful.

1 comment:

  1. Not seen those butterfly dies before - they look lovely. A fab card and the colours are very autumnal, so appropriate for the time of year

    ReplyDelete