My work colleague gave me this box to 'do something with', so I offered to decorate it to match her newly re-done bedroom. She gave me a scrap of the curtain fabric to get the colours from, which were white, orange, yellow and green.
I decided to make paper panels for each side and ordered some papers from the Basic Grey 'Spice Market' range, as I thought the colours looked right. I was going to use one paper over the whole item, but my colleague liked two of them, so I have made the side panels from one design and the front/back panels from another.
I cut and attached the panels, then decided that a gold line border would look good all around. Sy did her best to dissuade me and I should have listened to her ...... it all went horribly wrong and when I took the lines off, the paper tore in a couple of places. We made a quick dash to the market haberdashery and bought some fabric roses. I attached these to the side panels with some pearly swirls and they do look rather nice :-)
I think I would have preferred it with just one paper on all sides, but it's not my bedroom it will be living in! I will be handing it over tomorrow ... let's hope she likes it :-)