Saturday, 31 August 2013
The prompt for week 31 was to use banners.
The birthday card is almost the same as a vintage card I did a while ago, with a plain mat rather than punched edge this time. The background stamp is from Just-rite and the balloon from Crafty Individuals. I do like using banners for sentiments :-)
The Christmas card is made using papers from a freebie 6" paper pad - it came with a magazine and |I have no idea of the brand. I die-cut the sentiment mats (Go Kreate) and hand-cut the banners .... then tore one of them as I positioned it on the card. Eek! Luckily the card needed something 'extra' anyway and so the ribbon and bow rescued it nicely :-)
Friday, 30 August 2013
Somehow I have found myself 6 weeks behind on the 52 cards challenge - this real-life lark just gets in the way of important stuff sometimes, doesn't it? The prompt for week 30 was to use your favourite brand.
For the Christmas card I have used Craft Creations paper, they have a lovely Christmas range. I rounded the corners to reflect the scalloped card blank and the die-cut the candles (Memory Box) and letters (Hero Arts). Nice and simple, though a bit fiddly to get all the letters stuck down in the right place!
DH's birthday card uses Bo Bunny's 'Timepiece' collection - no surprise there, eh! - a sheet from the 6" paper pad. I stamped the heart (Technique Tuesday) and sentiment (Tinchies), then added the swirl to finish :-)
Tuesday, 13 August 2013
This is the card I made for DS2's birthday last month. I haven't previously blogged it, because I am not sure I got it quite right! I sent it anyway, though...... LOL.
I wanted to achieve a stamped collage-y background, with some text as a feature. So I started with a distress inked card blank (Antique Linen and Tea Dye), used a crackle background stamp in places, then overstamped with various other designs. The bottom right corner was a little too dark, so I added the ribbon and the strategically placed flower and die-cut, then the other flower for balance. The sentiment didn't stamp very well, so I went over it with pen - gives that 'handwritten' touch, don't you think?!
It's not quite what I envisaged when I started it ..... but it's not too bad, I'll have to have another go at some point :-)
Monday, 12 August 2013
We might be in August now, but I did actually manage to make these in July - just never got around to taking the photo LOL. These are for the BtCR challenge 25th July - 24th August.
If you are thinking they look familiar...... well, that's because I have done them before, but in a blue and white colourway. The design is a great one for production line cardmaking, so I thought I would go for festive reds and greens this time :-)
The papers are from Craft Creations, the doily mat and border are Dienamics dies and the sentiment stamp is either Hero Arts or Hobby Art - I don't have the original packaging anymore. The holly leaf snowflake is a Craft Stamper freebie.
Wednesday, 7 August 2013
This is the page I made for the July sketch on the UKS Sketchy Scrappers group.
I used papers from Hot off the Press, their 'Winter Flannel' collection - I do find HOTP papers to be quite thin, so I used some white card as backing to the main background sheet - but the designs are gorgeous :-)
For the vertical 'strips' I punched out snowflakes from one of the papers and 'joined' them with pearls. The doily circle is done with a Couture Creations die, title is made with Thickers.
This is probably the first page I have ever completely finished at a crop! It came together really well and I am very happy with it :-)
Thursday, 1 August 2013
I have been dithering for a while about entering the Craft Stamper challenge, using the embossing powder background technique. Tomorow is the closing date, so I have taken the plunge :-)
I swiped an ATC blank with versamark and applied embossing powder in four shades of blue and aqua. Then I overstamped the bubbles background (Lost Coast Designs) using detail white embossing powder. The Hero Arts tree stamp - used in sections - makes an interesting, almost seaweed-y effect, embossed in the darkest shade of blue. Finally I stamped the Prima sentiment using black Stazon.
The ATC is actually straight along all sides - the photo has exaggerated the slight warping caused by the multiple embossing!
I like this technique, it's a little fiddly, but the results are very effective :-)
EDIT 5/8: Craft Stamper chose this project for the Top Three!!!! I am so thrilled :-)