A blog for cooking and crafts

Tuesday 13 August 2013

Stamped Background Birthday card



This is the card I made for DS2's birthday last month.  I haven't previously blogged it, because I am not sure I got it quite right!  I sent it anyway, though...... LOL.

I wanted to achieve a stamped collage-y background, with some text as a feature.  So I started with a distress inked card blank (Antique Linen and Tea Dye), used a crackle background stamp in places, then overstamped with various other designs.  The bottom right corner was a little too dark, so I added the ribbon and the strategically placed flower and die-cut, then the other flower for balance.  The sentiment didn't stamp very well, so I went over it with pen - gives that 'handwritten' touch, don't you think?!

It's not quite what I envisaged when I started it ..... but it's not too bad, I'll have to have another go at some point :-)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Well it looks just fine to me. I'd be pleased if I'd made it. :o) I'm loving your cards, Wendy.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, stunning.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete