Saturday, 24 October 2015

Winged Clock on distress inked & embossed background

Today's card has been half done for a couple or three months!  I had embossed some cardstock, with various embossing folders, then experimented with blending distress inks over them.  I attached this panel to the card blank and then left it until I could think of how to finish it off :-)


For the second background panel, I smooshed distress inks in the same colours as far as I could remember them, luckily I hadn't strayed very far from my normal palette!  Then I over-stamped with a marble background, cut to size and inked the edges.
The clock face was part of a sheet of die-cuts in a 6" paper pad, either Bo Bunny or Kaisercraft and I had already put it with the wings, which were my experimental cut of a Cheery Lynn die.  I was looking through my die folder for the banner tags I used the other day for the white on white card, came across the large clock die (Robert Adams) and thought - that's it!  The small clock needed a mat as it was a little too small to fill the large clock centre, so I used a Dienamics twirly edge die for that ... I'm sure it has a proper name, but I can't think of it!
I really like this one and I must get that large clock die out again, it cuts beautifully and looks great :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment