Sy picked four Pins for me at the beginning of the month ... challenges 1 and 2 are here and here.
This is the original Pin and here is my take on it:
I think that the original card must have been perhaps 7 x 5, but I don't have any that size, so I adapted it to fit an A6 card blank. It also uses patterned paper strips, but I thought I would use white, with the strips embossed with different patterns.
I cut a white base and embossed some strips in five different designs.... six would have been better, but I persevered. When I was happy with the arrangement, I stuck them all down, overlapping the base edge, then trimmed off the excess. I cut a mirri mat and die-cut a banner (die from Dienamics) in mirri and a smaller one in white. A peel off sentiment completes the card.
I am pleased with it, but the placement of white on white was quite difficult as it's hard to see! I think I might try it again at some point, but would probably try the larger size and definitely use patterned paper :-)