A blog for cooking and crafts

Monday 5 October 2015

Out of the Drawer - feather cards

Once upon a time, a long long time ago ....... I went to Ally Pally scrapbooking and stamping show, back when they still had enough scrapbooking supplies to warrant the name LOL.  I bought some quotation stamps from the Clarity stamps stand, brought them home .... only used one of them, the rest never saw the light of day again and I forgot about them.
Fast forward to sometime last year, when I bought a magazine with a feather die as the free gift.  I bought it, then discovered it was meant to go with the stamp set they had given away in the previous issue.  I couldn't find this issue, so got a bit fixated on the whole thing and ordered the Hot off the Press stamps from Amazon, from a USA supplier LOL.
Forward a bit more, just a few months ago now, when I happened to come across the feather quote stamp and had the good sense to put it in the drawer with the die and stamps.  There the whole combination stayed.
Here and now! - I decided they would be perfect for an OotD post for Blogtober :-)  I had made a layout, to be shared later in the month, and the papers were also OotD, as they were an unused kit from a class at A Trip Down Memory Lane retreat.  So I made cards with the scraps!



I did find that the die didn't seem to fit the stamp exactly - the curve on the 'spine' of the feather seems to be different on the stamp and the die, even allowing for my placement errors :-)  The papers are from Echo Park.  As an extra OotD, I used two previously un-christened embossing powders, both from American Crafts, in Metallic Teal and Powder.  Embossing powders are high on the list of "I really must use those more often!", I have so many colours and I do love the effect.
The stamp set gives a very nice impression and I will definitely use both stamps and die again.  I also got some more cards out of the papers, will share those tomorrow :-)

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing what treasure we have hidden amongst our stash. Two lovely cards and those stamps & die look fabulous.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both really lovely cards

    ReplyDelete