Saturday, 25 June 2011

One stamp, three cards - Part Two



Here is the card made from the second mis-stamped poppy image. I had managed to have a un-inked patch right in the middle of the largest poppy, and it took me a while to work out how to cover the error!

I matted the poppies onto gold mirri, then die cut a tag for the sentiment, added eyelets at each end and attached it to the image to cover the bare spot. Then I added some die cut flourishes, but they weren't quite enough to make it look as though the placing of the tag was by design rather than necessity! Something extra was needed ....... so I put the flowers on and used buttons for the centres. A few pearls and a peel off frame complete the card.

I am not quite so fond of this one as I am of yesterday's card ...... but I do like the angled square within the frame, will use that idea again :-)
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. FAB!.. I hate to waste stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely.beautiful stamp and I love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. clever disguising!!
    I Love that stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great how you have managed to rescue the mis-stamped images - blame my bouncy dining room table LOL!!!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete