A blog for cooking and crafts

Tuesday 21 June 2011

Butterfly and Swirl card



This card originally had a circular stamped motif on top of the stripy square.... but I wasn't happy with it. So I took it off, which was tricky, because it was attached with foam pads, luckily the paper is quite shiny so didn't tear off when the foam was removed! I found the applique butterfly buried amongst stash but it was too overpowering on its own so I die cut various swirls in copper to balance it and added a peel off sentiment and frame. The blue die cut square is a Nestie - fleur de lys square - I do like the effect of the square and the frame on this size card blank (about 5"), so I think I will try it again in different colour combinations :-)

A bit brighter than I usually make, but I quite like it!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments: