Friday, 24 June 2011
One stamp, three cards - Part One
Whilst at Krafty Karen's craft day at the beginning of the month, I stamped loads of images in sepia versafine, to be used on cards at a later date. I didn't have much luck with this poppy stamp from Hero Arts - I hadn't used it before and out of my three attempts, only the third came out as a perfect impression, the first two had patches missing......
I decided to see what I could do with the two mis-stamped images and here is the first. The 'missing' bit is all along the base of the image so I matted it onto brown, then wrapped lace and ribbon around it. I embossed some cardstock through the Big Shot for the second panel, then added a bow, two pearls and a sentiment.
I am rather pleased with this - I really like the effect of the lace and ribbon and will probably use the idea again!
Incidentally, I decided to give this card to a work colleague for her birthday. She is on holiday at the moment, but one of the other office girlies had her address so we all posted our cards to her. Having copied the address onto my envelope I carefully slid the card inside taking care to not crinkle the lacy bit and tried to seal it up - the envelope however wasn't that sticky and didn't want to co-operate with the lumpy card inside, so I had to sellotape it up quite thoroughly before taking it down to the post tray. A couple of hours later....... I realised that I had concentrated so thoroughly on getting the card into the envelope that I hadn't actually written anything inside!!! So I had to rush down to Reception, slit open the sellotape, write in the card and tape it back up again!!!
It's now a really nice card in a really botched envelope....... she'll know it's from me...... LOL.