A blog for cooking and crafts

Monday 20 June 2011

Four patch card



This card from Dan99 the other day inspired me - or should that be shamed me! - into digging out a set of four stamps I had lusted after and bought when I really couldn't afford to, only for me to promptly stick them into a box and forget them........

The set is from Hero Arts, I stamped in sepia Versafine, matted each image onto brown, then placed all four onto one large gold mat. I embossed some cardstock (Bazzill Cocoa) through the Big Shot with a swiss dot embossing folder and inked the edges. Some ribbon, a bow and a die cut tag (Nestie) for the sentiment to finish off. I found my box of bows over the weekend, so you'll be seeing a lot of them on cards for a while!

For those of you with long memories, I spent a lot of last year trying to use up old card blanks ........ the 'ugly' ones are almost gone and this card is from the 'well-intentioned-gift-from-friend' pastel set, of which I also only have a few left - mostly in green and this peachy colour which does lend itself rather well to this vintage-y brown colour scheme I seem to be using a lot of lately!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful card, and really I'm happy to have inspired you! I think your card turned out way better than mine! LOL

    ReplyDelete