A blog for cooking and crafts

Wednesday 22 June 2011

Another Butterfly card



I'm not that into butterflies, but here is the second one in two days! This is a Crafty Individuals stamp which I probably wouldn't have bought, it was a free gift with an order, and has been sitting in the "new stamps I must use" box for ages.

Well it just goes to show, one shouldn't jump to conclusions! It stamps really well, giving a lovely impression even when using embossing powder - I have used detail gold here, but it works in 'ordinary' colours as well, I had a mass stamping and embossing session over last weekend and did quite a few of this stamp. I think, though, having looked at the photo, that I will stamp it again, cut out the butterfly and put it on top to add a bit of dimension.

The paper is from a pack by Craftwork Cards which I bought at Ally Pally, 8x8 sheets which cut nicely into four 4x4 squares to fit these particular card blanks, so there are three more similar cards on the way! I rounded the corners of paper, mat and card, then added ribbon and a bow, matted the stamped image onto gold mirri and attached it with foam pads. The sentiment is a stamp, either Hobby Art or Personal Expressions, stamped and embossed then punched out with a circle punch.... though I didn't line that up quite right and there was a 'gap' at the edge of the circle.... I had to smear it with embossing ink, dip it into powder, than heat...... I'm sure you could never tell...... :-)

Oh and to add to the catalogue of mistakes I seem to be racking up over the last few days - the card was supposed to open at the right hand side, but I stuck the be-ribboned mat on the wrong way, so had to rotate the card and have it opening at the base as a tent card instead!!!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments: