A blog for cooking and crafts

Thursday 18 December 2014

Out of the Drawer: Last minute Anniversary card

As we were going to bed on Monday evening, DH whispered those words every wife loves to hear ......
"It's my folks' wedding anniversary this week and I need to post the card tomorrow"
He then promptly went to sleep, whilst I lay wide awake!!!  I knew I didn't have an anniversary card in my box, so was still turning over ideas in my head until I finally (much, much later!) fell asleep. 
So I got up early the next morning and in the shower, I remembered a heart die and thought it would fit on one of my previously half-prepped card bases.

This is what I came up with in the end and even managed to take a photo before DH left for work with it.


It's a double OotD really - the card base, comprising the scalloped blank, the patterned paper mat and the turquoise die-cut mat was made ages ago at a crop and stashed in the drawer.  I think the paper is from a 6" paper pad and the mat was a Marianne die.  The heart die (Robert Adams) was bought at the Make it show last year on a vague "it'll come in useful" whim, but has not been christened until now!  I have to say, it cuts beautifully. 

So, early on Tuesday morning, I embossed some cardstock with a dotty embossing folder and punched a circle to frame the heart, stuck it to the die-cut mat.  Then I die-cut the heart - after a frantic search for a suitably-coloured cardstock - and attached to the circle.  The sentiment banner is done with a Dienamics die and a peel-off, no way was I going to risk messing up stamping a sentiment!  The banner was attached to the heart and then I stuck down the flowers using Cosmic Shimmer glue, leaving about five minutes for it to set before DH was due to leave!  I only had time to take one photo, luckily it's a reasonable one :-)

I do hope they like it ...... LOL.

1 comment:

  1. Really lovely - must admit Mr P would know better than to ask for something at the eleventh hour but I did write down all the important family dates on his side as I realised very early on that he was useless at remembering birthdays and significant dates!! When his relatives thank him for cards, he always says later that he didn't know we had even sent them a card. All the elements of the card work so well together - I am sure they loved it x

    ReplyDelete