A blog for cooking and crafts

Friday 19 December 2014

Buy it - Try it: The Horse and the Bee

Sounds like it could be a children's story doesn't it?  LOL.  But no, these are actually the Christmas cards requested by my colleague for her daughters - if you'll recall, last year her DD2 married a man named Bee, so she wanted to give her a themed card and of course she couldn't leave out her DD1, who is into horses.  I did think it was a one-off, but she asked me if I could do another two this year:-)

This is what I came up with, first the Bee:


The hive is a Memory Box die, the holly is done with a Martha Stewart punch and the background stamp is by Phil Martin.  The sentiment is computer generated, font is MacHumaine, I die-cut it with a Dienamics banner.

Second, the Horse:


The horse is a Die-versions die, the branch and baubles are from Memory Box and I used Stik It adhesive sheet for the bauble overlays, made it so much easier!  I used a Stampin Up punch for the sentiment tag.

The baubles, branch, horse and hive are all new, so it's a BITI extravaganza today LOL.  My colleague was very pleased with them :-)

I will definitely be using the branch to hang things from again, it looks really effective.  When I first saw this die, I didn't really think it looked like anything much, but Helen over at Fiddlefart used it to such great effect, I just had to buy it!

3 comments:

  1. I like the bee hive card , bee merry & bright out of your two lovely cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both so effective! The bee one is very clever but as a mum of a horsey girl I love the blue one best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards - love the play on words :)

    ReplyDelete