A blog for cooking and crafts

Monday 15 December 2014

Buy it - Try it: White Christmas trees

During Blogtoberfest, I had a theme called Buy it Use it, but have decided to rechristen it as Buy it - Try it.  I like the sound of it better and also BITI is much easier to say than BIUI :-)

I bought this zentangle Christmas tree from Personal Impressions a few weeks ago, so it still counts as new!  I also bought some zentangle baubles at the same time, they'll be coming up soon :-)  The tree was stamped and embossed in white, then shades of red and green distress ink were applied over the embossing.  I added photo corners (Martha Stewart punch) for a bit of pop.


This is the blue version.  I have left it quite simple, just rounding two opposite corners.


I do like this technique, funny how things come around again as I remember doing it several years ago and all of a sudden it's trendy again!

I am entering the red/green card into the Craft Stamper Take it Make it challenge for December.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! That zentagle tree is really cool and it sure looks good with white embossing! Thank you for entering your card to the Take It, Make It challenge where my stamp company is the sponsor this month. Good luck! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool stamp! I love your white stamping shown here. Thanks for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely Christmas tree stamp, the cards are gorgeous.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab cards - so long as you don't mind Sy and I doing our Little Britain impressions as your meme is now very much like Bitty which of course does set the pair of us off :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two lovely cards, thank you for joining us in the TIMI challenge at Craft Stamper this month. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stamp ..... and I love the white embossing. Thanks for joining in with the TIMI challenge ... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that stamp, thanks for joining in with us at the Take It Make It Challenge, Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards! That stamp is really cool! Thank you for joining the Take It Make It challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wendy your cards are beautiful. ..Thank you for joining the TIMI challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete