A blog for cooking and crafts

Monday 2 September 2013

52 Cards Challenge - The Big Catch Up! - weeks 33 and 35




The prompt for week 33 was 'birthdays' and week 35 was 'thank you'.  I didn't do a Christmas one for either prompt LOL but I did make two thank you cards!

The birthday card is done in shades of gold and ivory - I stamped and embossed the vintage flower and cut it out, then inked the edges with gold.  The flourish is die-cut and split in two with the ends tucked underneath the flower, it wasn't quite long enough otherwise!  The background mat was run through a lattice embossing folder, the sentiment tag is punched.
Flower stamp - Craft stamper freebie
Embossing folder - Embossalicious
Flourish - Dienamics
Sentiment tag - Stampin' Up

The two thank you cards are made from the same 6" paper pad, but I have no idea of the brand - I am making an effort to use up all my 6-inchers and most of them don't have their covers any more.....!  I really like the way the butterflies look on the 'lachette' die-cut (no I don't know what a lachette is .... that's what they call it!).  The second card is just a simple matted background and a die-cut 'thanks'.
Lachette - Memory box or Dienamics
Butterflies - Martha Stewart
Letters - Hero Arts
Thanks - Sizzix

I think the birthday one is my favourite :-)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, so clean and elegant :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have I used that stamp yet? I love that flower freebie from CS... I do keep admiring it, but have I used it? Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete