A blog for cooking and crafts

Tuesday 3 September 2013

52 Cards Challenge - The Big Catch Up! - week 34




The prompt for week 34 was layering.  This was an opportunity to use some previously unchristened dies LOL.

The birthday card started out as a project from the Creative Expressions book, which I can highly recommend, it has some lovely ideas.  The card blank was die-cut, as was the background, then the giant cog was embossed onto copper cardstock, had black paint applied and rubbed off, then was cut out.  After that, I went with my own stamped topper and added the die-cut cogs.  Unfortunately I need to find or make an envelope the right size..... LOL.... but I am really pleased with this one.
Card blank & mat - Grand Nestabilities Labels 4
Cog - Couture Creations 'Timepiece'
Topper stamp - La Blanche
Die-cut cogs - Cheery Lyn

The Christmas card is double matted and I pricked a border around the white mat, a bit wonky but not too bad.  I added a die-cut frame for the next layer then finished with a die-cut wreath and large snowflake, then some punched snowflakes, a sentiment tag and a few crystals.  That wreath was a devil to stick down!  I am very happy with this one as well :-)
Frame - Joy crafts
Wreath - Memory box
Snowflake - Memory box
Punched snowflakes - Martha Stewart and I think the small ones are Woodware
Sentiment tag - Stampin Up

I am now finally caught up, apart from the prompt which came out yesterday ........ LOL.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Did you show me that shaped card? It's great! I do remember you telling me about it but I may have just seen it now for the first time...

    ReplyDelete