Thursday, 24 November 2011

Street Party



A bit of a red, white and blue post today! Little Girl celebrating the Royal Wedding with Grammy and Grandad. I even have a bit of journalling on this one - LG's Mum told me that the party was held in the same place as she herself had celebrated the Queen's Silver Jubilee in 1977.

The papers are mostly from stash, though I had to buy a couple of extras at the retreat! I punched out scalloped squares to make a patchwork pattern, then added a ric-rac circle and some buttons. I had seen the Union Jack buttons in Duttons for Buttons at York when we had been on holiday and knew I would use them for this page LOL.

I usually print borderless photos, but these looked better with the white edge. The title is done with American Crafts Thickers, also bought at the retreat!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. i like that - makes me want to go do a page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the patriotic layout Wendy. Cute photos. TFS. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely LO, makes me feel all patriotic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely page. lovely and patriotic

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that circle in ricrac and the patchwork background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. fab page love the colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely patriotic page and love how you have used the scalloped squares as the background. Those Thickers are lovely.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete