A blog for cooking and crafts

Tuesday 5 October 2010

Another weekend, another Retreat



This weekend was our annual retreat at Debden House in Essex. We drove up on Friday, came back on Sunday afternoon and I have spent all Monday recovering, having booked the time off work in anticipation of being absolutely cream crackered :-)

I got 12 LOs done over the weekend, bar a couple of titles and embellishments, and I am almost up to date with Little Girl's album. Mostly I forgot to take pictures as I went along, but I managed a couple and here is the first - Sy, Karen and I going for our monthly meal out after a crop, on this occasion to the Indian restaurant in Polegate.

The gold borders are cut with a Nestie lace border, though I have actually used the negative side of it. Then I added gems and two other borders in purple, using EK Success punches - Moroccan and, um, the swirly one whose name escapes me :-) The medallions are stamped and embossed and cut out (Artemio stamps, asian accents I think). From the same stamp set came the border around the central diamond. I stamped and embossed the title using a Banana Frog alphabet (Doobie?) and punched out the letters using a scalloped oval punch. It's all very purple and gold and hopefully at least vaguely Indian :-)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Looks more stunning in real life and really reflects the indian feel. a great lo :)

    ReplyDelete