Monday, 18 October 2010

Spots and stripes



It took me three attempts to actually finish this ....... at the Cardinal Colours retreat I found that I had forgotten to cut out the question mark in the title. So for the next weekend away I carefully cut it out and packed it in a safe pocket in my tote - or so I thought, actually I managed to leave it buried somewhere on my desk at home! I cut out another one and the weekend after, at the crop, it finally got put onto the page. And when I got home that evening I found the previously cut one on my desk........ :-)

The main title words (and q-mark!) are cut on the robo, put into embossing folders and run through the Bigshot - the "spots" has swiss dot embossing and the "stripes" have herringbone! The red pennants have been embossed with spots and dots and the turquoise ones are cut out of Bazzil swiss dot. I cut a frame for the photo and put it on at an angle, which not only adds interest but also nicely covers up the unwanted passerby in the picture!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Clever framing. You remind me-- I must texture my big letters more often! Love the LO.

    ReplyDelete