Thursday, 14 October 2010

Distress Ink cards



I did these at the crop last weekend, using the "mask off with post-it notes and distress ink the resulting aperture" technique, as featured in Craft Stamper a few issues ago. I have previously done and blogged some of these, really like this effect!

The stamps are some of the new silhouette ones I bought at Ally Pally from Lavinia Stamps. I am rather disappointed in the bamboo one though - it ripped as I took it off the backing sheet, so I had to stick it carefully to the block with the two halves together...... it has stamped OK, but I am really annoyed about it!

The inks are a combination of Antique Linen, Dried Marigold and Fired Brick. The centre card has a soft ink edging to it, because I made a little mistake when applying the ink to the aperture and it ended up where I didn't want it - so the whole edge had to be smooshed to hide it LOL.

I think my favourite is the owl :-)
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. I love these, so simple and so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely technique, I can see why the owl is your favourite :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful, yes I like the owl too

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh great job...and its lovely to revisit an old technique with a new twist ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My fave is the owl too. :) I think it would be even better if more of the tree were visible... but of course that's not what the stamp is...

    ReplyDelete