Tuesday, 24 August 2010
Trip to Devon LO
This LO went through a lot of changes ...... I wanted to stick ribbon down at angles round all four sides, but having done two strips, I realised that the DSST showed right through the ribbon - I hadn't realised it was so sheer. It was obvious that it would have to be covered somehow, so first I cut some scrolls in bazzill metallic copper to put over the top. This didn't really work, but I decided that the scrolls looked much better down the side anyway, especially with the navy buttons :-) Next I painted over the ribbon with bronze. That was OK, but still not quite right.
At this point I discovered that having the scrolls down the side meant that the photos I had printed out at 6 x 4 were too big to all fit in the remaining space and I didn't want to obscure the scrolls ....so.... I printed them out again, half the size!
I was stuck on how to do the title, especially as my craft robo blade is in need of replacement and I didn't think it would handle bazzill. So I used some thickers for the "3 go mad" and found some thinner turquoise card in my stash which the robo managed to cut. The journalling was printed onto safmat and stuck to the copper and turquoise card. I didn't want the title "floating" in space so I stamped a background using rings and swirls, in three colours, though the two pale aqua ones look almost identical..... never mind :-)
I still wasn't happy with the ribbon lines though, and suddenly inspiration struck - I used a border punch (EK Success, Effervescence I think) - then cut the punched strip very close to the edge of the design and stuck it over the ribbon. Perfect :-)
All in all, this has taken me several days to get my head round - I am really glad it's finished!