A blog for cooking and crafts

Monday 30 August 2010

Krafty Karen's birthday card



Now Karen's birthday has passed, I can share the card I made :-) It is the biggest card I have ever made (A4 card folded in half), in fact I didn't have an envelope large enough and had to put it into a jiffy bag to give to her!

The papers, image and sentiment are from Making Cards magazine and this is an adaptation of one of the example designs. I wrapped some black lace around the spine of the card, used narrow pink ribbon as a border between the two papers, and added some gems for a bit of sparkle. The tassel and butterfly are actually from earrings bought at the bling-y jewellery shop in Eastbourne - the tassel is attached with a brad and the butterfly stuck down with Matte Accents.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. wow I see what Karen meant - that is a luscious card. Lucky Karen :) lol at the jiffy bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I absolutely love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    It is gorgeous - thank you so much Wendy, I know it wouldn't have been easy making a card in pink, with butterflies and bling LOL! Hope you had a good stiff drink afterwards.

    And thank you so much for the lovely cross stitch book - the patterns are ideal for the little cards that I make, I love it!

    ReplyDelete