A blog for cooking and crafts

Tuesday 28 July 2009

Day two - Have your cake and eat it
















I spent most of today wrestling with what I had originally thought was a brilliant idea........ a large (50 x 65 cm) photo montage of Venice. We have some beautiful pictures, which will of course be scrapped - eventually - but I wanted to put some of them on the wall too. First I drew a plan on graph paper of how I wanted the photos arranged and what sizes they needed to be. Then I spent some time choosing 18 pictures from the 3000 or so that we took - most of the time was spent waiting for the dratted things to load onto the screen! Then I resized, printed and laid out on the backing card, to be stuck down tomorrow. It sounds so simple, but it took ages.


In between, I managed to bake a cake and finish another layout. The cake is called hummingbird cake, I have no idea why - no hummingbirds were harmed in the making of this cake - it contains pineapple, coconut and bananas and is a really good lunch box cake. It's from an Australian Woman's weekly cookbook, called "Cafe Cakes". I managed to restrain DS1 from eating them until I had taken a picture!


The layout is another one started at a crop (the month before last, I am ashamed to say!) which needed the title stamped - I hadn't taken along the right stamps - and some journalling done. I added some eyelets on the spur of the moment and really like how they look. My page count is going to be really good this month, if I keep finishing things off like this :-)


So endeth the second day. Look, Sy, cooking!

3 comments:

  1. Well done Wendy you are certainly getting all manner of crafts tackled this week. My creativity total for this week is 0 unless you count making a mess with all my BTEC paperwork strewn across the lounge floor and building an ironing mountain!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see the cake!!!

    Any left for me? Sounds good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh. That cake looks scrumdidliumptious! Recipe please :D

    ReplyDelete