A blog for cooking and crafts

Friday 14 October 2016

Blogtober 7

Nearly half way through Blogtober!
Today I am sharing some vintage style cards - simply inked and stamped, which is one of my favourite things to do :-)



I cut some 4" squares of ivory cardstock and smooshed over them with distress inks in my favourite combination of Antique Linen, Tea Dye and Vintage Photo.  Then I stamped the images in Coffee ink from Wendy Vecchi.
The carollers and sentiment are from Stampin Up, it was on the sale-for-charity table at the workshop last Saturday so I snapped it up!  I can see myself using it a lot :-)  The holly is from Stampendous and I can't remember whether I bought it last year or the one before!!  I had never used it, but it gives a beautiful impression and I will certainly be using it more now that I have 're-discovered' it.  The sentiment is from Stamping All Day.
To give the card a little lift, I used gold peel-off lines around the image, it was exactly enough, even though it doesn't photograph very well :-)
I had intended to layer the images onto some embossed cardstock, but decided to go for the simple plain card blank instead.  Maybe I will use embossed mats next time for some variety .... I'm sure I have a holly embossing folder somewhere!
For details of Blogtober, visit Karmacraft.

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful collection of vintage style cards.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely cards - you are doing well with your Christmas cards

    ReplyDelete