A blog for cooking and crafts

Monday 2 May 2016

Suited and Booted

Another layout, finally finished at the retreat .... in fact it was started at last November's retreat, but (big surprise!) lacked a title.
I now can't find the original sketch I used for this, the horizontal elements were originally paper strips, but I decided that I wanted a completely stamped layout.


Background paper is from Craft Creations, and the stamping is done with a combination of Stampin' Up and Paperartsy grunge stamps in various shades of brown.  I drew the circle around a template, moving it slightly twice so I got the multiple lines.  The title is die-cut - I freely admit I chickened out of stamping it direct to the page I had worked so hard on!!
This is actually my second attempt at this page .... the first time, I managed to complete all the stamping, attach the photo, write the journaling - then I dropped an inkpad on it.  I couldn't find a way to make the resulting ink mark look as if it was meant to be part of the grunge - so I had to start again!  Second time lucky :-)

2 comments:

  1. Lovely stamping and a great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did smile on reading about you dropping the ink pad! How often does that happen to us, at the last minute wrecking a LO we have worked hard on? Well done you on starting again, it was weel worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete