A blog for cooking and crafts

Thursday 6 February 2014

Photo prompt - white, colours, doily - 52 cards week 4

The prompt for week 4 is a Pinterest photo - a picture of beautifully decorated cookies on a lace doily.  I didn't even realise they were cookies until reading the post LOL.

 
The Christmas card uses white with bits of red and green, and a doily.  The doily is a die-cut (Cheery Lynn), the backing paper is from Craft Creations and the stamp is an old one from Elusive Images.  I coloured it with Kuretake pens, I have quite a collection now, so need to practise using them LOL.  I didn't add a separate sentiment as I don't think it needs one.
 
The birthday card... well, it does have a doily .... and white.... but it did kind of evolve from the starting point!  The stamp is from Indigo Blu (more colouring!) and I cut round the image to mount it onto the doily (Hero Arts?).  The background is embossed with a damask folder.  I put ribbons behind the poppies and the sentiment tag is done with Stampin' Up oval punches.

1 comment: