A blog for cooking and crafts

Tuesday 25 June 2013

Green and white 'frothy' card



By 'frothy', I mean it has all-sorts scattered all over it :-) 

This started off as an experiment with embossing using clear powder, then distress inking over the top.  That's the central panel, I used a lace doily stamp from Stampin Up.  Then I wrapped a ribbon around, die-cut a fancy mat and then couldn't work out what to do next!  I found a pack of green card blanks in my drawer and thought they would make a bit of a change :-)  So I used a patterned paper and matted that on to the same green cardstock as the die-cut, then layered it all up. 
My intention was to add a simple sentiment, but somehow it didn't turn out like that!  I started messing around with punched flowers, running them through the Bigshot in an embossing folder, I die-cut a leafy flourish, found a pearl swirl and punched some butterflies .......
The sentiment itself did at least turn out to be simple, a die-cut banner with a peel-off  'Happy Birthday'.  I'm not sure I would ever have started this if I had known it was going to turn out to be so complicated!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: