A blog for cooking and crafts

Tuesday 11 June 2013

BtCR challenge - May



As promised yesterday, here are the Scandinavian style cards for the May Beat the Christmas Rush challenge.

I made one of these, using a hearts border, for the 52 cards challenge a while ago and thought I would use some of the other borders from the same Waltzing Mouse set.  I stamped and embossed, using a new-to-me embossing powder - Wow detail Red, it is fantastic and I can highly recommend it, you can see the stitches in the stamped image!  I then stamped various sentiments in black versafine above the border and matted onto silver before adhering to the card blank.

White space is something I find difficult - I do think these cards are simple and elegant, but that urge to fill the space is still there!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Fab Christmas cards, I don't think I'll ever be so organised as to make them before 1st December lol.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh these are fab-u-lous, Wendy. I love their clean and elegant style. Thank you for joining in with Beat the Christmas Rush.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete