A blog for cooking and crafts

Sunday 3 March 2013

Beat the Christmas Rush - February


Here are my four cards for the February BtCR challenge at CCW - I managed to get in a bit earlier this month!
I have matted a Craft Creations paper onto cardstock, rounding the corners of each - I think that's a nice detail when using a scalloped card blank.  I attached the ribbon before adhering to the card.
The baubles are stamped and punched with a Stampin' Up  set, and made 3-D by using three baubles folded in half and stuck together.  I must credit Zoe Pierson for this idea, she taught it at a class at one of the Cardinal Colours retreats a couple of years ago!  A bit fiddly, as there are six baubles to stamp for each card, so that was twenty four altogether.... LOL.
I stamped the sentiment (Stampendous) in the corner and that was it!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. These are lovely cards Wendy, I love the 3D effect of the baubles. Thank you for joining in our BtCR challenge at Creative Craft World. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are pretty, glad I'm not the only one blogging about Christmas in March.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are really pretty xxx thank you so much for joining us at CCW xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea for the baubles. Thanks for joining in with BtCR.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards - the 3-D baubles look super. Thanks for joining in with us at CCW.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fabulous! I love your design and the 3D effect with the baubles. :)

    Thanks for joining in with BtCR at CCW.

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great, I love the dimension. xxx

    ReplyDelete