Thursday, 17 January 2013
A bit vintage
I was playing around with some distress inks at the crop and decided to cover a card blank with an inked/stamped background. Antique linen and tea dye inks were blended together than I started randomly stamping. I used a new cogs stamp from LaBlanche, have never used those white foam ones before, they are definitely different! I used it with distress ink, they don't take that ink very well, but the washed out impression was exactly what I wanted. I also used a crackle stamp, some swirls, some random dots (done in aged mahogany ink) and an architectural element (done in gathered twigs) which I have had for years and hardly, if ever, used!
Next time I do this, I will remember to take a photo of the background when it's done - it always seems a shame to cover it up! I had a stamped and embossed poppy image in my 'bits' bag so matted that onto the card. But it needed a little more .......
I attached a charm with some sparkly twine, die cut a sentiment tag and some pennants for the sides of the image, then added some crystals.
I am really pleased with how it has turned out and will definitely make some more like it!