A blog for cooking and crafts

Monday 29 November 2010

MIrror 3 of 3




If I have taken one photo of this mirror, I have taken fifty!!! Finally I have managed to get a halfway decent picture to share with you :-)

I glimmer misted the mirror and stamped some flourishes in red and some cogs & gears in brown. Then I embossed some metal in the bigshot, but the colour wasn't quite right - ten second studio "bronzed god", it's a very cold brown so I alcohol inked it with ginger ink. Then I punched a square out of each pattern and stuck them on, along with some mosaic tiles and pearls. A charm made from beads bought in Venice completes the mirror, I attached it with a tiny screw eye I found in our local DIY store - I bought several, so I will be hanging all sorts of things from items I decorate in the future :-)

The second photo shows all three mirrors in their (miraculously level!) permanent position on the wall. I now need to go to Ikea to get some more, I have so many ideas........ :-)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. They look fabulous, and I know what you mean about photographing mirrors :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOOOVE these!! Great job and hi from a new follower from the UKS forum blog-a-thon thread x

    ReplyDelete