A blog for cooking and crafts

Friday 26 November 2010

"Extreme" week?




I am just coming to the end of a week off work - it was intended to be an extreme baking, crafting and housework week! However this has backfired somewhat due to the fact that I have been feeling poorly all week :-( I have managed to get the last of my Christmas cards done, the third Ikea mirror finished, quite a lot of tidying up and prepping for putting up decorations, and have baked a few biscuits - so not too bad, but I had more things planned, so it's quite disappointing!

So, here are some of the cards, I will post the rest over the next few days and as soon as I manage a decent photo of the mirror I will post that! Simple cards (as usual!) but I am really pleased with them. The holly card was stamped & embossed in gold then coloured with marvy pens and completed with a mirri mat and a sentiment stamp. I stamped and embossed the lamp post in silver and coloured the bow, mirri matted it, then mounted onto the card over a mat of embossed snowflakes, finished off with a sentiment on a tiny label.

I really like the cards that I have seen on blogs lately using nine squares - I think of them as 9-patch cards! The scalloped squares were punched out of Craft Creations paper and the letters were cut on the robo. The last card is made from the same range of papers, with a stamped topper and sentiment, then I added a ribbon and some red nailhead strips.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Great cards Wendy. Think my fave is the cream holly one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cards, i love the patchwork look too :0)

    ReplyDelete