And now - the conclusion (as they say on Star Trek .....) LOL.
I had smooshed some of the bronze paint over some card and stamped over it with sepia versafine, using two different background stamps - cogs and marble - they had to dry overnight. I had also sorted out the pieces I wanted to use, the pendant was from a charity shop, the 'stones' in it were a yucky shade of orange so I had painted them with viva metal paint, in crimson this time. Unfortunately it had turned out to be a bit too pink and I had fallen asleep trying to think of ways to rectify this....... came up with the idea of alcohol ink!
So, this morning, I repainted the pendant with the ink - worked a treat - and cut two pieces of background card for the remaining two compartments. Then I glimmer misted the cogs that DH had cut, mostly in coffee shop, but some in brick, as each compartment was to have a touch of red in it. The square button was from my trip to Cardiff (I put some pearls on it to dress it up a little), the blingy earring came from the bling shop in Eastbourne, the keys were from Cardiff and Barcelona LOL.
Then it was a case of shuffling everything until it looked right, sticking a few more pearls here and there. The chain (also from the bling shop) went around the sides using super strong double sided tape. Because I hate dusting, I fixed a piece of acetate over the top and attached the two flourishes.
It was almost impossible to get a good photograph though....... so I hope these give you enough of an idea! I am really pleased with it :-)
Now, back to those cards........