A blog for cooking and crafts

Monday 2 February 2015

Buy it - Try it Monday: Beat the Christmas Rush

I bought three Christmas text dies on special offers and since Sue is kindly running BtCR again this year, I have made three cards for January :-)

They all have papers from Bo Bunny 'Altitude', the 6" pad, and I used Stick It adhesive sheet for all three.  The first one has an Ultimate Crafts die:

 
This die did not perform well ..... very difficult to cut, in fact it didn't cut completely through the adhesive sheet, the backing paper was left in the die and I had to poke out all the little pieces from a sticky die-cut, which was tricky as I didn't want to transfer all the adhesive to my fingers!

The second uses a Die-versions die:



This cut beautifully, though I had to turn it for a second pass through, but it's my favourite of all three and I will definitely be using it again :-)

And the third one, a Memory Box die.


This was a little more fiddly to cut - again I had to turn the die for a second pass and also use a shim.  Pulling the adhesive backing off was a careful job, but this is exactly the sort of die it is so useful for :-)  It also fits an A6 card blank.

I am pleased with these, they work well as production line cards, I think :-)

6 comments:

  1. They are FAB - I do love the memory box die card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well these are fab cards, Wendy, That last one was well worth the effort - I love it! Thank you for joining in Beat the Christmas Rush 2015.
    Sue @ Me&Mine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are seriously pretty - my favourite is the bottom one - absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely - I especially love the middle one

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cards - those dies are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that adhesive sheet expensive? I was considering using spray adhesive for my fiddly die cuts. My favourite is the bottom one too... That background paper is awesome!

    ReplyDelete