A blog for cooking and crafts

Tuesday 1 May 2012

Butterfly frame and elegant lady card



This is the birthday card I made for my sister - posted today, fingers crossed it gets there tomorrow!  It was quite hard to photograph, so here is one pic with flash and the other without :-)

I started by cutting a piece of gold cardstock to the width of a large (5 x 7?) embossing folder and to a height suitable for an A5 card blank.  This left a blank space at the base of the piece which would not be embossed.  After running the mat through the Bigshot in the folder, I border punched the base and added a ribbon.  Then I matted it onto bronze shimmer cardstock.

The butterfly frame is robo-cut, using a downloaded cutting file bought from Crafts U Print.  I cut it in ivory shimmer cardstock and the bronze, then swapped the centres around to give two different versions - the reverse colourway will feature on a card in the very near future!  I punched out the smaller gold butterflies with a Martha S punch and attached to the frame, with some tiny pearls on top.

The stamped image is an elegant lady from Stampendous - stamped and embossed in Chocolate Brown, with a few pearls dotted here and there.  I cut around the image, inked the edges (carefully!) and positioned it on the mat.  The sentiment is a peel-off - I hesitated between copper and gold, went for copper because I thought it would look better with the bronze, but am now thinking gold may have been the way to go........!

I like this, I don't do many A5 cards but this has turned out well.  I just hope my sister likes it too :-)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment