Wednesday, 29 February 2012
Little Girl coming home from a party with her face all painted up :-) Not a brilliant photo, but as you know they are so bad at giving me any photos at all, I have to work with what I get! And after I had done this page, they sent over a whole batch more which included a better shot of the face paint, so I put a small picture in the top corner - really didn't want to do the whole page again .........
This started out as the Scrapology Challenge sketch, but I seem to have moved away from it quite a bit, so I am not entering it into the challenge LOL. I found papers in various shades and patterns of purple, from stash, and punched out 16 squares. I then used a darker purple background paper to make a frame. Interestingly, as I chose the papers, I thought that they didn't really 'go' with each other, but when they are arranged in small pieces, it seems to work! The darker background seems to bring them all together.
The rosette is die-cut with a Memory Box die (Gothic rosette) and matted onto a punched scalloped circle. The flourishes are another MD die. I made the butterflies with two Martha Stewart punches and added gems. The title is done with American Crafts Thickers, they were originally bright pink, but I coloured them with a Copic pen and then ........ (whisper) ....... stickled them ..... this is the third and final use of stickles in this album!!!
And that was it - the trickiest part was lining up all the squares to form the grid, if one of them is even a little bit out the effect is ruined LOL Thank goodness for repositionable herma, that's all I can say.......... :-)