A blog for cooking and crafts

Monday 26 February 2018

Heart balloons birthday card

This is a rescued card .... I had embossed and distress-inked the background, die-cut a butterfly design and assembled with a peel-off sentiment.  But the more I looked at it, the less I liked the look of the butterflies against the inking.  It sat around the craft room for a while, as I tried to think how to fix it.  Then this unbranded heart balloons die dropped through the letter box....


I use repo Herma, so was able to pull off the butterfly die cut.  But I couldn't remove the sentiment without damaging the background, so I decided to cut the balloons in gold mirri to match it.  The bow to finish off the end of the balloon strings is a Sue Wilson die, quite fiddly to make up but it looks lovely :-)
I like it much better now :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment