A blog for cooking and crafts

Thursday 13 April 2017

Buy it - Try it: Distress Oxides and stencil birthday card

I have just come back from another amazing retreat at ATDML, but haven't managed to photograph anything I made yet!  The previous weekend was my monthly craft weekend, although the crop itself was cancelled, myself and Sy had a great couple of days crafting at the dining table :-)
I tried out some of the new Distress Oxide inks, made some backgrounds and played about with stencils I have just bought from Clarity Stamps.  One of the resulting images has made it onto a card, the rest will eventually, I'm sure....


The DiOx have a dense chalky finish when blended, lovely to stamp over, I used Cracked Pistachio, Broken China and Faded Jeans.  Then I over-stamped with another new purchase, a seedhead stamp from Woodware and some obligatory hide-the-ink-smudge butterflies :-)  The sentiment is from Visible Image.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Card Wendy. I have two of those inks but havent really played with them properly yet. I bet ATDML was just Fab at this time of year - Will you go again in October. I am hoping go - SO looking forward to that.
    Happy Easter xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, I love the colours you have used. I too have bought a couple of these inks but have not had time to play with them yet. Your card will inspire me to do so.

    ReplyDelete