Last weekend, on my craft day with Sy, I was messing about with distress inks. There had been a DI class at the Littlegreen retreat and I wanted to try out using the round blending foam tool rather than my usual ink duster brushes. Well, I failed miserably, I am too heavy handed for the blending foam! I made two backgrounds then reverted back to my brushes for the other two.
You may notice that there are only three..... the fourth one was going well until the final over-stamping, then it all went horribly wrong. The DI colours I used were Seedless Preserves, Peacock feathers and Iced Spruce.
The balloon image is from Clarity Stamps, the steampunk swirly is from Stampendous. Sentiments - well, I am not sure what the first one is, I have had it so many years! The second one is from Visible Image and the third from Woodware.
I also played around with texture paste and gesso on the second and third pieces respectively.
They were supposed to go in some 6" box frames which I have, but it looked completely wrong having such a flat piece in a box frame and also I didn't have enough cardstock to make four mats .... so I bought three 5" black frames from Amazon and they are perfect.
Here they are all framed up:
I am so pleased with these. They are to go on a narrow vertical wall space and I am now wondering whether five would look better than three..... LOL.