A blog for cooking and crafts

Monday 3 August 2015

Pin-spired: white embossing & colouring on kraft cardstock

I made two cards inspired by this Pin - though I stamped the flowers from memory and then had a look to see how the card was assembled and realised I hadn't stamped them close enough together!  That'll teach me to look at the Pin first, next time!


The flowers, cardstock, sentiment and pen are all SU.  I stamped/embossed the flowers in white on Crumb Cake cardstock, then coloured with Real Red pen.  The card on the left is a more or less direct card-lift from the Pin, but I then tried something different with the rest of the cardstock I had stamped.  I cut three panels, they didn't quite line up due to the way I had cut the first square (didn't think that one through!) but I covered the non-aligned bit with a punched band (Martha Stewart) and a punched flower.
I am not keen on the cardstock, I know kraft is supposed to be bland and used as a background, but ...... it is a bit blah ...... maybe I do need to stamp the flowers closer so there is less background coming through!
I definitely must do more panel cards, simple yet effective... my favourite kind of card :-)

1 comment: