A blog for cooking and crafts

Friday 16 May 2014

52CC - week 18

A photo prompt for week 18 over at Kool Kitty Musings.  I chose to use the colours to make these two cards.


I made two everyday cards rather than a Christmas one.  My card box has mostly birthday cards in it, so I thought I should have some different cards in stock as well :-)  I stamped and embossed the flower (Hero Arts) and sentiments (Stampin' Up), then coloured the flower with Kuretake alcohol pens.  I cut a mat from the background paper, making it long enough to be able to punch a border at the base (Martha Stewart), then I tied a ribbon around the mat and assembled everything onto a deckle edge card blank.
A word on the Kuretake pens .....they are the first pens I have ever got on with, I have tried Promarkers and Flexmarkers, but never really did well with them.  Now I am building up a my collection of the Kuretakes, a few every month - it does work out to be quite expensive as I buy a replacement brush tip for each pen as well, to go in the broad tip end, but I do like them!  I get mine from Cult Pens, who have a wonderful selection of any pen you could ever need!!

5 comments:

  1. Both stunning cards Wendy. They look simple but are so striking and there's an art to getting the balance just right and you've done it here. Really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they are gorgoues, simple but really elegant and I love that you've used a shaped card, I've bought them in the past and confused myself with how to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful :) - I need to catch up too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another two lovely cards Wendy - I do like those sentiment stamps you have used.

    ReplyDelete