A blog for cooking and crafts

Sunday 28 April 2013

Decorated picture frame




You may remember this layout of my nieces from a few posts ago, which I made from the mystery kit at the Trip Down Memory Lane retreat.  It's now in a frame!

I bought a 12" wooden box frame from The Range and sprayed it with Cosmic Shimmer spray in Patina - absolutely gorgeous colour, but the frame (plus the small test piece I did) used nearly the whole bottle.  I have used Glimmer Mist on similar projects before, it seems to go further, but then again maybe that explains the price difference LOL.  Anyway, I have bought two more bottles of Patina as I love the colour so much!

I stamped a leafy flourish, a sprig of leaves and a flourish all around the frame in three shades of Stazon.  One of the corners hadn't taken the spray very well as the grain was quite dense in that spot, so I covered it and the other three corners with a mosaic tile.

Job done, or so I thought, but as I was handling it to put the picture in,  I noticed that the mica from the spray was coming off on my fingers.  I sealed the frame with a coat of Mod Podge and that has seemed to do the trick.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: