A blog for cooking and crafts

Tuesday 20 July 2010

Snowflake Christmas card



I have not quite stuck to my resolution here - I was not going to use any new card blanks until the old ones were gone - but this square one is new(ish). However I have still used up an old blank on it ...... when I was rifling through the drawer to see what cards were next on the "use it" list, I came across some mirri card ones, in gold and silver. Fifty. Of each. And I have no excuse for these, they were neither a mail order disappointment nor a misguided gift from a well intentioned friend - no, I bought these in a shop, several years ago, of my own free will :-) What I was thinking I don't know, was I ever really going to make 100 gold and silver cards??? Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

I had completely forgotten about them, but suddenly it occurred to me that I could use them for mirri card mats on other cards! This will probably use them up relatively fast. Hence the pictured card - I embossed some bazzill bling cardstock (Serendipity, I think) with a snowflake embossing folder and mirri-matted it. Then I stamped & embossed (detail silver powder) one of my new snowflake stamps onto stampin' up whisper white card and mirri-matted that too. I shuffled them around on the card until they looked right, used 1mm foam pads to put the image over the embossed square, and added a sentiment and a line down the side for balance.

Now, if I adapt this design for rectangular cards, I can use up more of the old blanks at the same time!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. love that snowflake stamp...and embossing on the silver is beautiful...i bet you use them up in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that snowflake stamp is gorgeous. A fabby card, and well done on the using up of old stash :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great stashbusting & lovely card :)
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete