Sunday, 20 November 2016

Penguins!

Another page done at the retreat - this layout had been on the back burner for quite a while, as I had picked the background paper months ago but got stuck on how to use it without overpowering the photo.  Finally I found a sketch, picked some other more neutral papers, and was ready to go!



The photo is of the penguins at Berlin Zoo.  They stand so still it's difficult to tell if they are real, until they move!!
I cut down the Authentique background paper, inked the edges and framed with a sheet of Bazzill.   Then I cut the various panels, I think the papers (from top down) are HoTP, Graphic 45 and possibly Simple Stories.  The title is done with some tiny letter stickers (American crafts?).  Although, I couldn't remember how many p-p-p's were needed and after some discussion round the table, we had to Google the original advert to find out (thank you Lyn)!!
This layout came together really well, once I had a plan, I am really pleased with it :-)

Tuesday, 15 November 2016

ATDML class layouts - part one

After some computer problems, finally I can share these....
The two layouts are from a class at the ATDML retreat, taught by Mel, using American Crafts DIY 4 range. 


I made a cutting mistake on the first layout, then decided to change the colour of the vertical panel - it was originally white.  The scalloped border is done using a Die-namics die.  The photo is a collage of details from the Palace of Versailles, which is dripping with gold everywhere you turn!
The second page is a photo of my favourite place :-)  The main focus of the class was to add distress inks for pops of colour, I used ink brushes, stencils and stamps for my muted vintage take on the class.

Sunday, 6 November 2016

Homeward Bound layout

I went with Karen to the retreat run by A Trip Down Memory Lane last weekend, a previous post shows the car packed to the gunwales! I managed to complete 8 layouts and some cards, so here is the first of those pages.  It's a re-do of photos from 2015 which I scrapped a while ago but was never really happy with.  Whilst I was prepping for the retreat, I found a sketch which I knew would fit the photos.


The papers are from an old Bo Bunny Christmas range.  The background already had all the detail on it so I just needed to cut strips to back the photos.  I used a typewriter alpha die for the title and the journaling is done with the SU Draw the Line set, the journaling lines are very useful and I have finally used the line of arrows!!  I stamped them in Versafine Smoky Grey and used a black pen to journal, it's a nice combination.
I am happy with it this time :-)