A blog for cooking and crafts

Thursday 8 October 2015

Buy it, Try it - new Distress ink minis and SU stamps

I have been waiting for ages for the second mini distress ink set to be released and finally it has arrived :-)  at the crop last Sunday, I tried them out, along with some new SU stamps.



For the background, I smooshed the DIs in Twisted Citron, Blueprint Sketch and the grey whose name escapes me....
The flourish is from Everything Eleanor, the butterflies are from Butterfly Basics, the sentiment is from Teeny Tiny sentiments.  All stamped in smoky grey Versafine.
Now I have to say, I am not entirely happy with the overall look of this card.  I like the background, but I could have placed the larger butterfly better - it would have looked nicer stamped at an angle.  The flourish is slightly mis-stamped in places.  Also the sentiment isn't stamped quite straight, which is of course torture for me LOL.
So not my favourite card ever, but it'll go in the box and I will be having another play with the inks and stamps :-)

1 comment:

  1. Lovely background effect. Everything Eleanor is still one of my favourite sets and gets regular use. One of the few that is still current from when I started as a demo.

    ReplyDelete