A blog for cooking and crafts

Tuesday 30 June 2015

Baby Bee cards

I have made a few bee-themed cards for my colleague to give to her daughter over the last couple of years ..... now it's time for the New Baby card! 
First I made a generic mint coloured card, which she liked, but decided that she wanted to wait until she knew whether a pink or a blue card would be needed.  So I have made one of each and they are ready and waiting......
This is the mint colourway, it does look more aqua in the photo, but it is mint really LOL:


Here are the pink and blue.  I changed the design slightly and put the colour into the base mat and oval mat, instead of the background as previously.


Both the bee stamp and the sentiment are from Stampin' Up, though I did remove the 'baby bumblebee' wording, which I'm not keen on.  I used the word window punch for the sentiment. The backgrounds are embossed with a honeycomb folder and the scalloped lace mat is done with a Dienamics die.
Really pleased with these, the oval on the embossed background could be used for all sorts of other cards too.

4 comments:

  1. Awww these are really cute cards x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not surprised you're pleased with them! I would be.. they are so cute.. and you're right about the 'Baby bumblebee' it's not right... lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. really sweet! But what did you do this past week? :) I can't wait to see which one of the cards you need to use!!!

    ReplyDelete